Often times during tragedy, words feel so insignificant. When we see a friend or loved one hurting we want to do something but we're just not sure what that something is. When words fall short, let a Cancer Care Package do the talking for you. As a result of experiencing grief first hand, we have made it our mission to put together care baskets full of handmade mementos and hand-picked items to send comfort to a loved one who has just received a frightening diagnosis. Although there is often nothing we can do to fix a tragic situation, we can offer support to make the journey of a grieving friend just a little bit easier. Sending a Cancer Care Package is a tangible way to show someone how much you truly care.
This cancer care package was designed by Melissa, who formerly worked as a Radiation Therapist in treating cancer patients. The items in this basket were intentionally chosen to comfort those undergoing Chemotherapy/Radiation based off her experience in caring for patients undergoing cancer treatment.
Each (reusable) basket contains the following 9 items:
1. A handpicked travel mug*
2. Peppermint Tea and Ginger candy -(to help soothe an upset stomach)
3. A Cashmere Blanket Shawl - (to curl up with during treatment, in chilly doctor's offices, or at home on the couch) (pattern: oversized plaid. Color: Navy, Black, and Grey)
4. Homemade Lavender or Oatmeal Soap - (gentle formula/safe for sensitive skin)
5. An 8x10 hand-lettered Hebrews 6:19 print - (when framed can be an encouragement and as a reminder that God is near your friend and knows right where they are)
6. Your choice of a handpicked planner, adult coloring book, or word puzzle book* - (Something to take notes in and keep track of the many appointments that come after the initial diagnosis, or something to keep busy with in waiting rooms or at home on the couch.)
7. All natural homemade lip balm - (an essential to restore chapped lips. Made with organic coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and spearmint oil)
8. A hand-lettered wooden ornament with "Hope is an Anchor" written on it.
9. Scripture Flashcards - (24 Encouraging scriptures to ease and strengthen your friend's mind, and renew their hope as they undergo treatment for their body written on 3x3 flashcards to easily fit in a wallet or handbag)
*PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN 'NOTE TO SELLER' AT CHECKOUT:
1. What you'd like written on the To/From gift tag.
2. If you have a preference of style and/or color of the handpicked items in your basket and if you'd like us to send you a photo of options to choose from.
We would love to hear about the person you are purchasing a basket for. We'd be honored to hear their story and be a small part of their journey. Send us an Etsy conversation with any information you'd like to share and we will keep it in mind as we select the handpicked items.
Please note that basket colors and materials vary.
Of course! At checkout just put in the recipient's shipping info in the shipping address section. We'll include a gift tag to let them know who it's from!
We have every item listed under "Item Details" for each listing! Be sure to check it out and let us know if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to address them for you!