Often times during tragedy and after loss, words feel so insignificant. When we see a friend or loved one hurting we want to do something but we're just not sure what that something is. When words fall short, let a Sympathy Gift Basket do the talking for you. As a result of experiencing grief first hand, we have made it our mission to put together care baskets full of handmade mementos and hand-picked items to send comfort to a loved one who has just embarked on the journey of grief after losing a loved one. The personalized items are a beautiful way to honor and memorialize their lost loved one. Although there is often nothing we can do to fix a tragic situation, we can offer support to make the journey of a grieving friend just a little bit easier. Sending a Sympathy Gift Basket is a tangible way to show someone how much you truly care.
Each (reusable) basket contains the following 11 items:
1. A handpicked mug**
2. Chamomile Tea
3. A hand-lettered bookmark laminated with pressed forget-me-nots*(personalized with the lost loved one's name)
4. Homemade lavender soap
5. An 5x7 hand-lettered print* - (when framed can be an encouragement or if a Scripture is chosen can serve as a reminder that God is near your grieving friend and knows right where they are)
6. A handpicked journal** - (Just as David poured out his heart in the Psalms, writing can be very therapeutic as your loved one walks through grief after loss)
7. All natural homemade lip balm - (an essential to restore chapped lips as a result of the countless tears that fall during grief. Made with organic coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and spearmint oil)
8. He Will Wipe Every Tear embroidered handkerchief
9. Your choice of a remembrance candle - (a candle to light in remembrance on a lost loved one's DOB, anniversary, or DOD) or a Sky Lantern*** with a "Love you to the moon and back" charm and tag - (The charm is meant for the recipient to keep as they send off their lantern up to the moon in memory of their lost loved on. The attached tag is meant for the recipient to fill out with the name and/or relationship of/to their lost loved one)
10. A hand lettered-wooden ornament* - (something your grieving friend can hang in their home or office in remembrance of their lost loved one.)
11. Package of forget-me-not seeds in a hand-lettered envelope - (These sweet flowers germinate very easily and take over more ground each year to serve as an even greater reminder as time goes on.)
*PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN 'NOTE TO SELLER' AT CHECKOUT:
1. The Psalm 56:8 print shown in the listing photos will be included in your basket unless you indicate that you'd like us to send you pictures of other options in an Etsy Conversation.
2. The name and/or dates you'd like to have personalized on the wooden ornament. If you'd prefer not to have the name and date, we can do a short phrase such as "It is well" or a word such as "hope" or "love."
3. The name and/or dates you'd like to have personalized on the bookmark.
4. What you would like the to/from gift tag to say that is attached to the twine wrapped around the basket.
**We will send you a photo in an Etsy conversation of the handpicked items for your basket.
We would love to hear about the person you are purchasing a basket for. We'd be honored to hear their story and be a small part of their journey. Send us an Etsy conversation with any information you'd like to share and we will keep it in mind as we select the handpicked items.
Please note that basket colors and materials vary.
***PLEASE NOTE: Chinese sky lanterns are not legal in some states in the US. Please do your research before purchasing this listing!
Of course! At checkout just put in the recipient's shipping info in the shipping address section. We'll include a gift tag to let them know who it's from!
We have every item listed under "Item Details" for each listing! Be sure to check it out and let us know if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to address them for you!